Imagine the grind. The alarm goes off, you struggle out of bed and wander over to the window. The dawn light reveals another dump of fresh snow. Snow that you have to go and ski… and then tell the world about it.
So picture this. A winter season where you get free accommodation. Free food – full board, naturally. A free season ski pass. Three sets of ski gear plus free use of skis and boots. Travel costs on arrival at the beginning of the winter and departure at the end of the season.
Oh, and 520 Euros a month as ‘pocket money’.
Nope, you didn’t fall into an alternative dimension. This is a serious job offer from an Austrian ski resort for their post of ‘snow reporter’.
Your duties in the Ziller Valley resort of Hochfügen, should you decide to accept them?
“Report on snow and slope conditions in the Hochfügen ski area on Facebook and Instagram six days a week early in the morning and at noon, update the snow depths and open slopes live on the website and send a newsletter to an audience of 30,000 people.”
And what do you need to qualify for the job?
- Very good skier or snowboarder
- Weatherproof. You love cold, snow and ice? That’s good, because you sleep, live and work at an altitude of 1,500 m.
- Conscientous and with a good instinct (for guests, mountain guides and all weather conditions)
- Unafraid of the camera
- A social media professional
- Good to very good knowledge of image editing and video editing
- Friendly appearance
- Class B driving licence
And, of course, you must speak German!
If you are interested in this dream winter job make your application before 06 October.
More information: snowreporter.hochfuegenski.com